Friday, October 5, 2012

Nailed it!

I have to share that my nails look very pretty.  They're pink and cute.  And my toenails match!  Why am I excited about my nails you might ask, especially since I don't tend to be overly concerned with girly things like that?  It's because I've been a nail bitter since I could chew.  Up until high school I'd chew off all my nails and then wait a couple of days and do it again.  When I got to high school I began to covet my sister's long pretty nails but I just couldn't break the habit of nail biting.

I'm finally ALMOST broken of it.  My secret?  Nail polish.  I try to always have at least clear nail polish on.  That way I have something to pick at when the mood strikes instead of biting my nails clean off.  Granted it isn't a perfect system because once I pick off some of the nail polish then it all hast to come off.  I CAN'T stand having chipped nail polish.  That means I go through a lot of nail polish.  Also sometimes once the mood strikes I pick off all the nail polish and just keep going to the nails.

It also doesn't help that my jobs have generally been hard on my nails.  Working with dogs means I get banged up and things happen.  Polish chips and nails break.  And when nail's break you can pretty much assume I'm going to have short nails before the day is over.  If one nail breaks I have to bite them all off.  Compulsion.  OCD.

I'm trying to curb that.  Right now my pinky nails are the perfect length and so pretty.  They get broken the least.  They are the envy of the rest of my fingers.

Now I hope I don't crack on the pressure and bite them all off...

And yes, I did just do a post about my nails.  Because it's my blog and I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment