Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Give Thanks - Rescue

I am so grateful to be a part of something bigger than myself.  A member of a group of people that care so deeply and feel the calling of rescue.  Lucky Dog Rescue is a wonderful group of people that have done so much for so many dogs in this community.  I love it.

I love rescue but I couldn't do it without having this group and support to do it.  I have fostered in the past, most notably Princess, Bear and Jojo.  Rescue work is hard and draining sometimes because you see people that don't value their pets as much as we do.  You want to scream at them and shame them but, in the end, it isn't worth it.  What is worth it is taking that dog and doing your best to improve its life and place it in a home that will truly care and love it.  Sometimes you don't get it right but when it does work out, it makes all the losses and disappointments worth it.  I am so grateful to be a part of it.

I haven't been as involved in the past year as I have been in the past but that's because of my negative feelings toward LD and my shifting focus into a relationship.  But I still love every minute of it and can't wait to take a more active roll when I open my own business.

Rescue and helping dogs will always be something I am grateful for.  I hope other people are too because the rescue workers deserve some recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment