Saturday, November 29, 2014

Written Long Ago

In my heart... I'm a writer.  I don't do it as often as I should but I am trying to exercise that bone.  I have a journal that I am writing a page in everyday.  I used to run a blog on LiveJournal called All_Unwritten dedicated to daily writing prompts.  If I get stuck, I am going to use that.  I just looked it up and damn my first one was pretty good.

Prompt: 
In the beginning

My writing:
In the beginning it was all a world of stones. The cascading mountains descended into pebbles. All was quiet, here in this world of harsh corners and the never ending waterfalls into the dark rock. Stones threaded through a needle in your eye. It was all in the beginning.

That's some good imagery.  I really like that.

Here's another one:

Prompt:


My Writing:
It was cold outside. It was always cold outside now. The world was in a whitewash of sleet that tugged at the leaves and massed at the edges of the window pane. It was cold and silent, like the world had forgotten to breathe, forgotten it was alive. His own breath fogged against the glass. Against glass that had ceased to be glass but surrendered itself over to a world that lacked warmth. It had given up and let itself slip into the ice that he felt crawling at the back of his neck. He mourned her, releasing the choking misery into the damp world. A world that was hungry for it, seeping his sadness deep into itself and icing it over. It was cold; it was always cold.


Seriously, I need to get back into this.  I am going to stop looking through these and reading what I've written.  I want to reuse the prompts and see what I come up with this time.  Should be a fun exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment