Saturday, November 1, 2014

Give thanks!

Welcome to November.

Just like I did last year, I am going to post everyday about something that I am thankful for.  I am going to try to make it different from last year though and find other things to be thankful for.  Time for life reflection and seeing the bigger picture instead of getting stuck in the negative things that drag us down.

So firstly, there is a huge debate going on about life.  A woman with terminal cancer decided to end her life today with medication prescribed by a doctor.  As sad as it is to think of a young newly wed facing a tragic and painful end to her life, I am glad that she had the choice.  In my years of going to nursing homes and locked Alzheimer's wards with Gerani it was always hard to see how people can suffer at the end of their lives.  I've always believed that one should be able to make the choice to end your life with dignity instead of suffering and drawing death out.  Easier on your family instead of draining them emotionally and financially to take care of someone that is suffering.

Anyway, that brings me to what I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my health and that I have a life to live that is relatively free of hardship.  Some people's lives are hampered by their health and I am glad to have good health so that I can live a full life.  I hope to hell I never am faced with life and death health decisions.

That reminds me that if I am grateful for my health I should be doing more to stay healthy.  Damn... exercise it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment