Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Give Thanks- Soldiers

Happy Veteran's Day!  This day is for honoring those who have served our country bravely.  I am very proud to be an American and recognize that we wouldn't be the great country that we are today without the men and women that have served our military and fought for us.

I have always been proud of my Grandpa Joe, who served this country in WWII.  He lied about his age to get into the service and went over seas.  He landed in Normandy, was in the Battle of the Bulge and was awarded the Bronze Star for his service.  He never talked much about the war but I know he saw things that no young man should have to see or do.  Many of that generation did.  They were strong.  I hope people in this country can continue to be strong and serve.

Grandpa Joe on the left


I also am very proud of my brother, Geoffrey, who serves in the Air Force as a Captain and my boyfriend, Jake, who serves in the Army.  You both mean so much to me and I am so proud of everything you do.  I want to thank everyone who serves or has served.  It truly is admiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment