Monday, November 3, 2014

Wedding

My cousin, Kayla, got married this weekend.  I wish it hadn't been this weekend purely for selfish reasons because we had to fly out to St. Louis on Halloween and kind of wiped out any Halloween fun, but I am very happy for her.  Jake, my brothers and my mom and I all flew out.

I always enjoy seeing the Hastings family because they are such great people.  I was a little disappointed that it didn't seem like we made much of a show of it like a normal family reunion but I am used to HUGE reunions where everyone is there and there is always something going on.  So this was a tame one in the broad term, which means it was a good one to bring Jake to.  He survived just fine and I hope they all liked him.

It was fun to see the aunts but I really wish we had more time.  I haven't been there in forever and actually had time to sit down and visit with everyone.  I feel like all I get to do is drive by visits.  "Hey how are you?  Love you!" and I'm gone.  It gets harder and harder to do those big visits when you're an adult and have to factor in time off from jobs and money.  I miss them though.

Anyway, we flew in on Friday afternoon and spent the rest of the day around St. Louis.  I took Jake up the Arch, which was fun to do again.  I always loved that as a kid and since he had never been before we journeyed up.

That night, my phone died of course.  So annoying.  So the next morning before the wedding I got Jake to take me to Verizon so I could see about getting a replacement.  Of course they had to try all the stupid things that I told them I already tried to get my phone working again... like resetting it and charging it.  Seriously, the people that go in there must be stupid.  Either that or the people that work there are stupid.  I was irritated with them so after we left we crossed the street and went to AT&T.  They bought me off of Verizon and I joined Jake's plan.  It will save me a lot of money in the long run but it actually took a lot more time to do than I thought so we only ended up having about 5 minutes to get ready for the wedding.

That was irritating but we made it there with plenty of time.  The church was very pretty and the ceremony was well done.  Kayla and her husband looked so happy.  That was great.  The reception was downstairs and a little to drawn out for my liking but it was all fun.  Weddings are a great time.

Sadly we didn't get much time past that and flew back out the next morning.  Quick in and out but it was good to see everyone I did and it was good to celebrate Kayla's wedding.  I know she has wanted to be married for so long and she looked so over the moon.  It is always great to see that much happiness in someone's face.  Many blessings to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment